Ways to Relax When You Feel Anxious About the Job Hunting Process
Being a senior in college may be nerve wracking at times since graduation is less than two months away, but one thing that is making me really nervous is the job hunting process.
So far, I’ve applied to many jobs in the field I am getting a degree in. Dealing with the waiting process for job hunting isn’t the best. You never know if your resume is going to stand out against the other candidates who also want the job that you applied to.
Here are some ways that I relax while I am dealing with the job hunting process.
1. Read career advice articles
Since I am a writer, I usually love reading articles that can help me out with my daily lifestyle. My favorite career advice articles are on the Muse website (which also doubles as a job search engine). They have articles about interviews, how to make your LinkedIn stand out, cover letters, and career strategies. My favorite articles from them right now are:
2. Go outside/Enjoy the fresh air
Going outside always helps destress me when I am dealing with a lot of schoolwork or stressing over the job hunting process. When I go outside, I usually go to an outlet center, an outside shopping center, or a park. Once I am at those places, my stress goes away instantly and I take photos of the beautiful nature around me.
3. Take a spa day
Taking a nice bath or getting a massage, manicure, pedicure, or facial is always a good way to relax after applying to jobs. Even though some treatments may be expensive to college students, now there are many ways you can spend less money on treatments by doing DIY or getting spa products from stores.
Some of my favorite DIY spa treatments and spa products are:
•Face masks (Ulta, Sephora, and Target)
•Calgon Lavender and Honey Bubble Bath from Target
•Creating face masks from products like Oranges, Lemons, Honey, Ginger, etc.
4. Understand that the job searching/hunting process is stressful for everyone
Everyone in their life goes through the anxiety of job searching/hunting, especially if it lasts for more than three months. I always feel less stressed out when I know that I am not the only one going through this process right now and that this process takes time and patience.
5. Learn new skills while waiting to hear back about your application status
New skills are always good to put on your resume/LinkedIn profile. Some new skills that could be learned are how to create your own website, learning a new language, and taking classes about coding, marketing, etc. New skills can make your resume/LinkedIn stand out to recruiters (especially if that skill is going to help out in the job that you applied for).
Apply to Write for Uloop NewsJoin the Uloop News Team
Discuss This Article
More Uloop Campus Life Articles
PENN STATE JOB LISTINGSSee all PENN STATE Job Listings
PENN STATE Job Listings
WRITE FOR ULOOPApply to Write for Uloop News
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TOP 5 NEWS ARTICLES
BROWSE OTHER COLLEGES
- By CollegeCarnegie Mellon UniversityDrexel UniversityLehigh UniversityPenn State UniversityUniversity of PennsylvaniaUniversity of PittsburghTemple UniversityIndiana University of PennsylvaniaVillanova UniversityWest Chester University of PennsylvaniaBucknellChatham UniversityFranklin & Marshall CollegeClarion UniversityKutztown UniversityBloomsburg University of PennslyvaniaMoravian CollegeGrove City CollegeWidener UniversityElizabethtown CollegeMisericordia UniversityCabrini CollegeAlbright CollegeAllegheny CollegeAlvernia UniversityArcadia UniversityBryn Mawr CollegeCalifornia University of PennsylvaniaCarlow UniversityCedar Crest CollegeCentral Pennsylvania CollegeChestnut Hill CollegeCheyney University of PennsylvaniaDelaware Valley CollegeDeSales UniversityDickinson CollegeDuquesne UniversityEast Stroudsburg University of PennsylvaniaEastern UniversityEdinboro University of PennsylvaniaGannon UniversityGeneva CollegeGettysburg CollegeGwynedd-Mercy CollegeHaverford CollegeHoly Family UniversityImmaculata UniversityJuniata CollegeKeystone CollegeKing's CollegeLa Roche CollegeLa Salle UniversityLafayette CollegeLake Erie College of Osteopathic MedicineLebanon Valley CollegeLincoln University of PennsylvaniaLock Haven University of PennsylvaniaLycoming CollegeMansfield University of PennsylvaniaMarywood UniversityMercyhurst CollegeMessiah CollegeMillersville University of PennsylvaniaMount Aloysius CollegeMuhlenberg CollegeNeumann CollegePeirce CollegeSalus UniversityPennsylvania College of TechnologyPennsylvania State University AbingtonPennsylvania State University AltoonaPennsylvania State University BerksPennsylvania State University BrandywinePennsylvania State University Erie, the Behrend CollegePennsylvania State University Fayette, Eberly CampusPennsylvania State University Great ValleyPennsylvania State University HarrisburgPennsylvania State University HazletonPennsylvania State University Mont AltoPennsylvania State University Worthington ScrantonPennsylvania State University YorkPhiladelphia Biblical UniversityPhiladelphia College of Osteopathic MedicinePhiladelphia UniversityPoint Park UniversityRobert Morris UniversitySaint Francis UniversitySaint Vincent CollegeSeton Hill UniversityShippensburg University of PennsylvaniaSlippery Rock University of PennsylvaniaSusquehanna UniversitySwarthmore CollegeThe Art Institute of PhiladelphiaThe Art Institute of PittsburghThe University of the ArtsThiel CollegeThomas Jefferson UniversityUniversity of Pittsburgh at BradfordUniversity of Pittsburgh at GreensburgUniversity of Pittsburgh at JohnstownUniversity of ScrantonUniversity of the Sciences in PhiladelphiaUrsinus CollegeWashington & Jefferson CollegeWaynesburg UniversityWestminster CollegeWilkes UniversityYork College of PennsylvaniaCommunity College of PhiladelphiaLuzerne County Community CollegeWilson CollegeBucks County Community College Community College of Allegheny CountyCommunity College of Allegheny County- AlleghenyCommunity College of Allegheny County- NorthCommunity College of Allegheny County-SouthCommunity College of Beaver CountyDelaware County Community CollegeHarcum College Harrisburg Area Community CollegeLackawanna CollegeLehigh Carbon Community CollegeMontgomery County Community CollegeNorthampton Community College Pennsylvania Highlands Community CollegeReading Area Community College Westmoreland County Community College
- By State
- By City